Motorola has officially announced the newest addition to the Xoom family of tablets, the Family Xoom Edition.
This new version has been rumored for a while, but finally its officially announced by the vice president Jim Hamilton. He said : “Nowadays, everyone from mom, dad to the youngest child use the same tablet device. We set out to design a device that’s kid and family-friendly yet versatile enough to handle your business needs.The Motorola XOOM Family Edition offers a world of games, shows and video tools and because it’s from Motorola, you know it’s durable and will last for years to come.”
Something more interesting probably from the device itself is that its going to be exclusive at Best Buy.
Motorola Xoom Family Edition Key Facts
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 10.1-inch HS IPS HD screen display with capacitive multi-touch
- 5MP back camera with flash, with 720p video webcam
- Preloaded with almost $40 worth of applications, plus Zoodles™, the award-winning Kid Mode application
- Preloaded with MotoPack by Motorola XOOM (App Downloader by Motorola)
- Preloaded with Quickoffice™ Pro HD for seamless productivity at work
- Preloaded with MotoPrint – the application that allows you to print straight from the Web browser
- Preloaded with fun games like Asphalt 6 from Gameloft and SIM City Deluxe
- 16GB built-in memory
- Battery lasts up to 10 hours for video playback and Web browsing
- Access to more than 250,000 apps in Android Market
This move from Motorola was pretty smart in my opinion.
So will you buy the Xoom Family Edition ? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
Orest from TekBloggers.com , [via TechnoBuffalo]