In January we reported that Angry birds would land on Facebook on Valentines Day (Feb 14th 2012) but it has come a day early!
After allowing the application access to your Facebook details, the app homescreen offers the following options:
- Choose between three gameplay levels: Poached Eggs, Surf and Turk (exclusive to Facebook users) and the Mighty Hoax.
- An offer for users to receive a free Valentines Day gift.
- The obligatory ‘invite’ friends option which is present in pretty much all Facebook apps.
- User profile information which includes current scores.
- Standard system options, including toggling sound on or off and viewing developer information.
- Your user inbox, the Angry Birds gameplay shop which allows game content and upgrades to be purchased and a placeholder for the future avatar customization section.
The Facebook application even has the full Angry Birds soundtrack which we have all come to love, or in some people’s case, hate. The application will instantly feel familiar to anyone who has used any of the mobile versions of the game, with the developers following the same UI concepts throughout, including level selection, instructional content as well as the in-game graphics.