Googe+ for iPhone recieved a uge UI overhaul this week, and Google has just released this promo video on their YouTube account:[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCz8xpEnmF0]
According to the Google Blog the update includes:
“A feast for the eyes
Full-bleed photos and videos are cool. But you know what’s really cool? Content so immersive it remakes your mobile device into a rich carousel of beloved memories and breaking news. That’s the Google+ experience we aspire to, and today’s release helps us get closer:
- Whether you post photos or articles or text, we’re making ‘em look gooood
- We’re adding crisper fonts, larger profile pics and a friendlier homescreen
- We’re making the stream easier to scan, and easier on the eyes with overlays, gradients and other visual elements
A stream you can swim in
Looks alone aren’t enough—you also need an app that’s fast and fluid. Even a simple swipe gesture can inspire the same “wheeee!” as the bubble wands and ball pits we enjoy(ed) as kids. So today’s update pays special attention to fun and performance:
- Conversations fall into view as you move forward and backward in time
- Optical cues (like parallax) help the mind linger on individual posts
- Important actions like +1 now float atop the stream, making it easy to endorse all your favorites
The end result—we hope—is an app that brings you closer to the people you care about, and the stuff you’re into; an app with sense and soul. But please, give it a go and let us know what you think. The iPhone update is rolling out now to the App Store (version 22.214.171.12488), and the Android update is coming in a few weeks (with a few extra surprises).”
This new UI looks amazing and may help me get back into the Google Social Network again.
Google+ for iPhone v2 Screenshots:
Check it out in the App Store.