New Siri Abilities:
- Siri pulls in sports info from Yahoo, allowing you to get game updates.
- Sports include Football, Baseball, Basketball, and possibly more. Those were the sports demoed.
- Siri has also gotten better at restaurant/Yelp integration, offering average price per menu item, reviews and Yelp rating.
- Siri also partnered with Rotten Tomatoes to watch trailers, etc.
- You can ask for “movies with Scarlett Johansen” or “movies playing at the HERP DERP theater.
- And the moment we’ve all been waiting for: Siri can launch apps. Simply say something like “Play Temple Run.
- Siri will also let you Tweet by voice.
- Siri may come packaged nicely in a button on some car’s steering wheels. Brands include BMW, GM, Land Rover, Audi, and Honda, among many more.
Siri for iPad:
- Siri is now available on the iPad.
- You can access Siri by hold-tapping the home button on the iPad.
- Siri only takes up a small portion of the bottom half of the screen, popping up with rounded corners and the same blue linen finish as on the iPhone version.