Apple today issued the fist update to it’s latest version of OS X, M0untain Lion. OS X 10.8.1 is a very small 7.28mb update from the Software Update from the Apple Menu.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including the following fixes:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
Apple didn’t mention a fix to address the battery issues but some developers say that 10.8.1 fixes them.