On Tuesday, Tapbots pulled the Alpha version of Tweetbot for Mac because of the very confusing and controversial new Twitter API. But now, the twitter client is back and in beta this time.
But, there is a catch according to a blog post by the company’s Paul Haddad:
It’s important to realize that with this build you can’t add or reauthorize any accounts. If you delete an account or de-authorize an existing account you will not be able to add it again until the final version comes out. If you try to add a new account or launch the app with no accounts created you are going to end up right here on this page.
Here is the complete changelog for version 0.8.0 (beta):
- lots of bug fixes
- can paste images into new tweet window again
- can copy tweets on timeline
- can do ‘open in new column’ (they also have keyboard shortcuts)
- multi-column swiping and keyboard support much improved. Use tab shift/tab to move between columns.
- better keyboard support: status detail + many other views
- profile view: can scroll user information so can see more tweets
- drag and drop tweets has been improved
- gap loading works properly now
- context click on tweet action buttons in timeline
- did I mention we fixed a bunch of bugs too?
Version 0.8.0 can be downloaded, from Tapbot’s website, directly here. There has been no word of the actual Mac App Store release date for Tweetbot for Mac but you can get the iPhone Version and iPad Version on iTunes.
See Also – Tweetbot for Mac Released