At Apple’s September Event last week, Apple announced that iOS 6 would be released today. Apple’s latest version of iOS, iOS 6, is expected to be released today at 6pm UK time (would times below). This time is rumoured, but it may be true as older versions were released at the same time.
iOS 6 is compatible with:
- iPhone 3gs (not all features)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5
- iPad 2
- The New iPad
- iPod Touch 4g
- iPod Touch 5g
- Flyover and turn-by-turn navigation are available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation). Cellular data charges may apply.
- Siri is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad (3rd generation), and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Internet access. Cellular data charges may apply.
- FaceTime video calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. FaceTime over a cellular network requires iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, or iPad (3rd generation) with cellular data capability. Availability over a cellular network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- Offline Reading List is available on iPhone 4 or later and iPad 2 or later.
- Made for iPhone hearing aids require iPhone 4S or iPhone 5.
- Panorama is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation).
- Find My iPhone and Find My Friends enable you to locate iOS devices only when they are on and connected to a registered Wi-Fi network or have an active data plan.