Notably the best iOS Twitter Client, Tweetbot, is now out of beta and available to purchase for the Mac. However, it comes at a pretty steep price of £13.99 ($20).
The features of the Mac Version include:
- Multiple Timelines. Quickly switch between your lists as your main timeline.
- Multiple Windows and Columns. Display timelines from different accounts side by side.
- Notification Center Support.
- Beautiful Retina graphics.
- Mute filters lets you block messages from users without unfollowing them. You can also mute hashtags and specific keywords.
- Sync timeline position, direct message read statuses and mute filters between your Mac, iPhone and iPad via iCloud.
- Support for multiple services like Pocket, Instapaper, Readability, CloudApp and Droplr.
- Save drafts, add locations and POI’s, attach photos/videos, manage your lists, and much more.
Back in August, Tapbots – the company who develop Tweetbot – pulled the beta version because of the changes to the Twitter API. The changes ment that it would limit the amount of users that an app could have. Because of of this change, Tapbots is forced to charge the £13.99 ($20), according to the company’s blog.
Tapbots had this to say:
Because of Twitter’s recent enforcement of token limits, we only have a limited number of tokens available for Tweetbot for Mac. These tokens dictate how many users Tweetbot for Mac can have. The app’s limit is separate from, but much smaller than, the limit for Tweetbot for iOS. Once we use up the tokens granted to us by Twitter, we will no longer be able to sell the app to new users. Tapbots will continue to support Tweetbot for Mac for existing customers at that time.
If you are willing to pay the price, you can get Tweetbot for Mac here.